Become a Distributor or Dealer
Our global network consist of distributors and dealers. Normally we will appoint one or two distributors for a country or region and the distributors will then establish a dealer network under them. The terms and conditions for dealers are more or less the same as for the distributor with the exception that the dealer can represent more than one manufacturer.
In considering your application to become a Distributor, we will be looking at the following criteria :
- Your location.
- Your professional status in the aviation industry. Will you be doing this full time or part time? (You do not have to do this full time)
- Do you have access to adequate facilities? i.e. at the least a hangar and some office space
- Piloting experience / the employment of experienced pilots.
- Technical staff to assemble and maintain the aircraft and advise kit builders.
- Good working relationships with persons in the industry and with the local – regional civil aviation authorities.
- The willingness and ability to obtain certification approval for KFA products in the country in question so that the products can be freely used and sold in the country. Kitplanes for Africa will assist in this regard.
- The holding of necessary trading, operating and other licenses to be able to legally conduct business in the aviation sector.
- The willingness to advertise Kitplanes for Africa products in aviation publications and/or online media on a regular basis.
- A willingness and ability to create an ongoing and developing interest in products by writing editorials, hosting events, attending fly-ins and workshops etc.
- The maintenance of a modern and regularly updated website or other social media platforms.
NOTE: Distributors will be afforded an initial period of three years to establish the bussiness and to promote the products. Under perfomance could lead to loosing the distributorship to another candidate or the area of coverage could be split between a new comer and the existing distributor.
The following points are not negotiable when you are looking at becoming a Distributor:
- The absence of an interest in products which compete with Kitplanes for Africa’s products.
- A commitment not to copy, reproduce or modify any of Kitplanes for Africa’s products or literature without it’s prior written consent. All modifications approved by Kitplanes for Africa will remain the property of Kitplanes for Africa.
- A strong reputation for service excellence and customer support or the ability to develop this.
- A commitment to purchase of at least one aircraft for demonstration purposes.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered then please contact us at
info @ saplanes. co .za
Here is a list of all of all of our distributors